Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Three steps forward and two steps back!

We are making progress, ever so slightly.  Today Denniese continued working on the rail covers and is sure to have that job done tomorrow. Then she said she would make a wheel cover, grill cover and maybe some other covers that I can think of.  We drove the boat over to the fuel dock and purchased 70 gallons of diesel and then took her out to the bay to check everything out and discovered the newly repaired GPS does not work.  I called the factory and told them I needed it for our trip and they said,"ship to us and we will fix it." RIGHT!!, that's what they said last time. I guess it's time to buy another GPS/Chartplotter.  The engine ran good but I still have some concern about the batteries..  Did I mention that we have 8 house batteries and 2 start batteries? Batteries are very important to a boater.  AAA does not make service calls on the water for dead batteries. Now we have a Tropical storm in our way. Andrea is located just south of us so we moved our departure date up one day to let it get out of the way.  Now we plan on departing Tarpon Springs Monday morning and plan to arrive in Carrabelle Tuesday before noon.  We will keep you posted as we get closer.  I finally turned on the AC unit.  I told Denniese that once you turn it on it is hard to do without it. She said turn it on and we'll worry about that later.  When the admiral speaks I listen.  The picture is Denniese & Maggie at the fuel dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment