Monday, June 3, 2013

                                         Another Day, Another Project

I turned off the battery charger at one this morning.  It started doing some weird things so I just turned it off.  Besides, Denniese sleeps over the batteries. Yes, they are under the bed, and if they exploded it would be hard to find someone to clean it up.  Just kidding, but I did worry, so I turned off the charger and let them settle down and I will check them tomorrow. We have regular boat projects and then upgrades.  Today we both started  upgrade projects.  Denniese is making (sewing) new rail covers.  Rail covers are those blue canvas covers that protect the varnished teak hand rails from the sun.  She had taken the measurements last time and cut the pieces while in TN but needed to sew and fit them on board.  While she worked on that, I changed out a radio and upgraded to an AIS.  I don't know what that stands for but it is a radio that tells other boaters that we are in the area, much like airplanes use to keep from hitting each other. I finished my project by wine time while Denniese just stopped her project and will need at least another day on it. We had a Cuban sandwich, crab roll and bean soup for supper. All from a Cuban restaurant not far away, called Pipo's

The sky has been overcast today and even some rain this morning.  The low pressure in the Keys is going to keep us in port till it passes but we have plenty of projects before we make our crossing of the Gulf to the FL panhandle. Maggie got really stressed about a very large bird that landed on a boat next to us and spent much of the morning watching to make sure it did not get on our boat.  I think the bird was considering Maggie for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get the battery issue figured out. Have fun with the rail covers, Denniese! We are enjoying the updates and the photos...stay safe!

    ReplyDelete