Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Super Glue

As we departed Morehead City dock this morning the engine stopped.  Air in the fuel line.  I went to the duct tape repair and the diesel fuel had softened it to the point it was allowing air into the system.  Now I don't know much about diesel engines but I do know they will not run with air in the system.  Luckily, last night I had super glued the broken part and I replaced the duct tape with the glued part and off we go. I have taken many boating courses over the years but if I could do it again I would include a course on diesel engine maintainence.  By noon we had reached our next stop which is Oriential, NC.  Even when you think you have some down time things need to be done.  The biggest surprise of this trip, is how little free time you have.  So today it was repairing fenders, those plastic things that keep the boat off the dock and reduce the amount of black marks you get on the hull of your boat.  The pic is of me adding new line to the new fenders we bought in Morehead City.  Tomorrow we have a long day in front of us but expect to be in Bellhaven, NC on the hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment