Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Are we having fun yet???

Monday was the worst day of this venture.  After driving for 11 hours Saturday we reached Stuart and Lifestyle II.  We packed and worked as hard as we could all day Sunday  and most of Monday with the goal to depart Tuesday.  By Monday afternoon we had worked the list down to mounting the new/used motor on the dingy.  I went to my dock box where I had off loaded it Saturday night and it was gone. When I told the dock master, she said I shouldn't have left it on the dock.  She was right, but not what I wanted to hear.  Docked at our first ever gated dock  we felt pretty safe.  Not so!!.  I was so down that I ask Denniese if she didn't want to cross the canal and head back up to Tennessee.  The wise woman that she is suggested that we wait until Tuesday to decide.  I had arranged to have one of the fellow boaters help me turn the boat around Monday evening so we could head out Tuesday morning.  His name is Neil Adams and he answered the call and for all the resentment I had for mankind after the theft of the motor,  he showed the true goodness in us humans.  He said the thief was one in a thousand but maybe he could help.  Neil drove me to West Marine to purchase a new outboard motor and then to the filling station for fuel and then back to West Marine after they forgot to give me the safety lanyard and he would not take a penny for his effort.  A great person that renewed my faith in the goodness of people.  We departed Stuart at 1300 and put about 6 hours on the engine before dropping anchor in Fort Pierce.  Tomorrow we will start out early and maybe get 10 hours in.

No comments:

Post a Comment