Monday, May 16, 2011

The NAZI courtesy Car Lady

Some marinas have courtesy cars. They are loaner cars that are provided to the boat people for running to the store, etc..  Beaufort Historic Downtown Marina has such a car.  It is controlled by the NAZI Courtesy Car Lady.  She hands you the key, tells you to put gas in it when you have finished and return it in ONE hour.  No exceptions!!   I'm sure the courtesy car lady was an elementary school teacher in a former life.  She even may have taught me in the 50's,  just before her retirement to the Historic Downtown Marina.  I checked the car out at 0845.  My mission was to take Denniese to the dentist, go to the grocery store and buy a week's worth of groceries, pick up Denniese and return the car in ONE hours.  All went well except the first 3 dentists could not take her for various reasons.  The third one worked.  I dropped her off and headed to the Piggly Wiggly with 43 min. remaining.  I was in the check out line with 10 minutes remaining.  The car was loaded and off I went.  My dilemma was to pick up Denniese and return the car late or return the car on time without Denniese.  I chose the later.  I returned the car 90 seconds late and got a stern look from the NCCL.  But the good part was Denniese was not to unhappy about the 3 Mile walk back to the marina.  The rest of today was spent doing boat maintenance and getting ready for a departure tomorrow.  We will divide the trip to Charleston into two legs.  The best part of the day came when friends Nancy and Earl Keese  joined us at a local restaurant called Emily's for a grand supper and a couple bottles of red.  Lots of laughs and story telling and some good food in-between.  All is well on Lifestyle II today.

Mike and Denniese

No comments:

Post a Comment