Friday, April 6, 2012

Clewiston

We officially entered Lake Okeechobee today at 12 noon. We are skirting the south rim of the big lake in mostly 11' of water.  The wind has been up today and other boaters say the interior of the Lake will be rough for a couple of days.  The south rim is ditch or canal that runs beside the lake. We were looking for a free dock space like last night but turned into Roland and Mary Ann Martins Marina and Resort.  We were looking for the free dock when "Little Man" a local legend among dock line handlers spotted me and called me on the VHF.  I didn't answer so he hollered at me and told me to keep coming he had a spot for. The cut back here is about 45' wide so I could not turn around and we ended up parked behind a palm tree and a large Banyon tree for shade.  After parking in the sun yesterday we were ready for some shade.  We hooked up power and then noticed we were only about 50' from the Tiki Bar which of course advertises live music Fri and Sat night. Well it has to be  better than trucks.  We are still about 70 miles from crossing our wake but on schedule to be there Sun A/N. Enjoy you space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment